Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Assignment Write Up [Project 2]

Conceptually, I started to explore the idea of 'space and comfort' and how those ideas connect to each other from different points of view. Our first project is from a childs point of view (given our assignments to play.) The concept changed drastically from the beginning sketches, but ended up much more solid and creative than originally planned. Ideas to start with seemed more aesthetically based instead of conceptually. Seeking feedback from classmates was a major help. Throughout the short, comfort is found tied to the space it confines as well as the foods and items that create comfort as well. There was much more to the actual project; however, my time management didnt allow it.

Most of my frustrations came from the technical aspect of using the program for the first time. I learned some valuable lessons that would've made my life so much easier had I payed close attention to what I was doing. Aka, comps shouldn't go inside other comps! I couldnt render out correctly. I also had trouble with files going missing, but that was easily correctable. It was difficult to try and keep things simple because you see a certain vision in your mind and instinctly try to find ways around the project restraints. Overall, After Effects is a program I have enjoyed getting to know over the last couple days. It has made animating much faster than I had anticipated.

-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment